“If I only knew then what I know now” is often used looking back with regret at past choices. But, what would show up in our lives if we did the opposite and brought forward the innocence and energy of our youth, and coupled that with the wisdom of our current maturity and beliefs?
Recently I played with just that sort of reversal and imagined, “If I could feel the way I felt then, knowing what I know now, what would be interesting to me?” I asked this question of myself in response to a grand new experiment happening in the Consciousness Playground where we are beta testing the “youthening quantum information packets” delivered energetically by Wendy Down. I wanted to gain clarity on my underlying intentions for participating in this experiment.
Easy to think that it would be nice to look younger! However, to get beyond this conditioned response and see what my Higher Self had to say about the matter I tapped into my mental energy body. One of the best ways to circumvent the “thinking” mind, which is our lower vibrating mental energy body, and move into its higher vibrating expression is to use imagination. An easy tool to shift into deeper communication is to simply imagine the best possible outcome. When you use your imagination, you typically soften the resistance of your thinking mind, which then allows your Higher Guidance to flow in with ideas, images, colors, new stories, and feelings that create the foundation for manifesting your future experience. If you are inspired by your imagination, then that’s your Higher Self. If you feel fearful (worst case scenario thinking), then you are engaged with your egoic mind.
Here’s what showed up for me when I played with imagining what “youthening” would bring me:
Do you want to play in the quantum field of moving beyond the thoughts and beliefs that “everybody” agrees with? You’ll find plenty of other co-pioneers in the Consciousness Playground that enjoy pushing the boundaries of both our individual and culturally conditioned beliefs. And the best part is that we do this in ways that feel natural and easy, using our own daily lives as our lab.
How You Can Tap Into Your Mental Energy Body for Communication:
- Begin with an easy topic, one that you would like some guidance around, but it doesn’t have a big emotional hook in it.
- Take a few moments to move yourself to an inner focus by breathing deeply into your low abdomen and back.
- Now, let your imagination run wild around the “best possible outcome” for your situation.
- Several stories might pop up. Wait for the one that gives you a little zing, one that feels really good.
- Now, build on those good feelings by including as many “best possible” specifics as you can. Who is with you? Where are you? What does the environment feel like? What emotions are present? What are you doing?
- Keep your thoughts moving toward those that inspire you.
- When you’re ready, open your eyes and make some notes about your experience.
- What action steps do you now feel inspired to take, if any, that move you in the direction of this outcome?