Aacckk! I don’t care much for the “I’ve got to ‘fix’ myself energy” that surrounds the New Year. Most of us know that New Year’s resolutions most often fail, usually by February! My belief is these resolutions come out of some “should’s & oughta’s” and not from inner knowing.
Instead of “I need to fix myself,” consciously aware folks ask, “How might I know myself even better so that I can live a more continuous experience of feeling authentically me?” This question recognizes there is nothing to be fixed, that our core (divine) self is always present, and that our evolvement is about allowing our core self to emerge more and more fully.
Especially at this time of year I tap into the various energy bodies to receive guidance. These 4 portals – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy bodies – provide insights for what aspects of my life are ready to be released and what core strengths are ready to emerge. This type of inquiry is well supported by the energies of the winter solstice, a time for illuminating our inner world.
Do you know how to sense your energy bodies? I’ll guide you through a wonderful metaphor a friend of mine, Michael Nunnally, shared on the Consciousness Playground. Note: as you connect with each energy body in its highest vibrational state, notice the “communication” you receive. This is your guidance about what is ready to be released and what is ready to emerge.
- Imagine yourself as a large glass container.
- To get in touch with your PHYSICAL energy body, imagine large rocks in your container. The density of these rocks correspond with your physical body. Have you ever felt your body as coordinated, graceful, and in flow? This is the higher vibrating physical body and the one you want to communicate with for guidance.
- To get in touch with your MENTAL energy body, imagine pouring small pebbles into your container. Notice that even though the large rocks filled the container there is room for these small pebbles to move down among the larger rocks. You know you are accessing the higher vibrating mental body when you feel “clear headed,” creative and focused.
- Next, in your imagination pour sand into your container. Once again, even though the container appears full, there are still spaces between the pebbles and the rocks and the sand filters down to fill these. This represents your EMOTIONAL energy body and the way emotions affect us both physically and mentally. Shift into your higher vibrating emotional body with feelings of appreciation, peace, joy and love.
- Lastly, pour water into your container and watch as it washes through the rocks, pebbles and sand, coating every piece, visibly changing every thing it touches. This is your SPIRITUAL energy body and is experienced in its highest vibration as a sense of divinity, connection and oneness.
What amazing and profound insights did you experience with this exercise? I would love for you to share them here!
Would you like additional assistance in moving through these energy bodies? Maybe you want some added support in understanding the communication process of these portals?
Join me in Play 4 Guidance in January. I’m offering teleclasses and in person workshops in Austin where I guide participants to use these portals effectively. I also teach several tools to help you harness and better utilize the communication that you receive. Our focus is on receiving individualized guidance directly about 2011. You’ll leave this course with specific “next-steps” to move you purposely forward.
Complimentary Overview Teleclass on Friday, January 7, 1:00 Central Time.
If you want to know the time in your area, check here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Action Steps to Use this Process Now:
- Sit quietly and breath deeply to center yourself. Read the “script” above, one energy body at a time. Notice what you notice with each energy body, then write it down. At the end, let yourself sit with all that you have written, and then distill your guidance down to one or two sentences that create your next steps forward in 2011.
- Register and join me on Friday, January 7 at 1:00 CT to experience a portion of this process with a guide.