Are You A Wayshower?
Are You Answering (or resisting) the Call to Step Powerfully Into Your Purpose?
These are the questions my Conscious Evolutionary Circle is asking these days and we are sparking the flame within ourselves to not hold back, and to step powerfully forward into this calling.
The Angle News Network defines Wayshowers as “light workers who choose to bring their talents and gifts into the world in a larger way. They use their leadership skills to help light workers contribute their skills to create a new world of community, harmony and equality.”
In our first couple of Circles about this subject, we looked at some common themes.
- The importance of building our skills at living as our Essence, accepting and acknowledging ourselves as fully embodied and conscious spiritual beings.
This becomes a daily spiritual practice to be willing to consciously engage with others as our Essence, and be willing to notice when conditioned responses take over. (See below for the opportunity to be a beta tester for an e-course to build this skill.)
- To expand our spiritual practice for the integration of our beingness with our evolutionary impulse (read more) and allow “sacred activism” to ensue.
Andrew Harvey Institute for Sacred Activism
“A spirituality that is only private and self-absorbed, one devoid of an authentic political and social consciousness, does little to halt the suicidal juggernaut of history. On the other hand, an activism that is not purified by profound spiritual and psychological self-awareness and rooted in divine truth, wisdom, and compassion will only perpetuate the problem it is trying to solve, however righteous its intentions. When, however, the deepest and most grounded spiritual vision is married to a practical and pragmatic drive to transform all existing political, economic, and social institutions, a holy force – the power of wisdom and love in action – is born. This force I define as Sacred Activism.” – Andrew Harvey
- Stepping powerfully forward as a Wayshower can feel isolating and lonely.
As you lean into your calling as a Wayshower, it is more important than ever to form community with other like-minded pioneers. You come to recognize that you are not a-l-o-n-e, but rather, a-l-l o-n-e. You need a place to share ideas, heart-storm your next steps, and shore each other’s courage for accepting the vulnerability of bearing one’s soul as a gift to the world. I deeply encourage you to find one or more places, face-to-face if possible, to interact with other Wayshowers.
If you are in Austin, please consider joining our MeetUp group that Circles on the third Wednesday of the month. We are having a special “5th week” Circle on May 29, 10:45, mezzanine of Whole Foods at 6th and Lamar.
Are You a Wayshower who hasn’t stepped out yet?
- Build your skill for living fully embodied as your Essence. Become a beta tester for my new e-course, How to Be a Conscious Evolutionary – The Spiritual Explorer’s Path by completing the form below. The course will be ready for testing in about 6 – 8 weeks. In exchange for your thoughtful insights about this product, you can receive it for FREE by completing the form below.
- Begin to journal about what it might look like for you to take on a leadership role in the area of your gifts. Who are you here to show the way to? Describe the ideal person you want to mentor, inspire or encourage. What leadership skills do you already have? Where do you need to improve? What occurs to you as your “next step?” You don’t have to have the “whole” plan, just an idea for what is next.